- This event has passed.
TAP SD Feeds San Diego
August 17, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hey TAP-SD supporters! Still remember the Feeding America event we had last December? We did a lot of good work last year and have been invited back this year! We help out with different tasks each year so it will be a new experience even if you did come last year!
1 in 5 kids in San Diego struggle with hunger. Come join us as we partner with Feeding San Diego to give the gift of a meal to those struggling with hunger. TAP-SD has been helping this project for many years and we will continue to support our community. Celebrate summer by giving back to our community and giving hope to those that desperately need it.
If you are interested in joining us, please sign up to volunteer through this online website using the instructions below. This allows the sign in process to be smooth and helps us make sure that we have plenty of work for all our volunteers.
How TAP Members Sign Up Online
1. Visit https://feedingsandiego.volunteerhub.com/
2. Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
3. During this step, you will be asked to enter your groups join code: 2069
4. Once you return to the main page, scroll down until you find our group’s volunteer shift on August 17th at 1 pm.
5. Click the “Sign Up” button
6. Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email when signed up successfully.
A parent may sign a youth volunteer up by creating a separate account using the same email address; just be sure to choose a different user name for each account online. After signing up the child for their volunteer shift, be sure to bring a paper waiver with a parent or guardian signature if they are younger than 18 years old. The paper waiver is located here: https://feedingsandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Volunteer_Letter_and_Waiver.pdf.
• All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes in order to participate.
• Volunteers must be 6 and older to volunteer.
• Any adults not signed up online must bring a paper waiver and all volunteers under 18 years must bring a paper waiver, with a parent or guardian signature. (https://feedingsandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Volunteer_Letter_and_Waiver.pdf)
Please sign up now as spaces are limited!!
On the day of your event:
• Sign in, complete a name tag, and drop off waivers.
• Wait in the Volunteer Center for your Volunteer Event to begin.
• Volunteers will take a distribution center tour which will end at the project location.
• Make an impact! Bring a donation of nonperishable food like peanut butter, canned vegetables, or canned chicken.
Location: 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121
Check out the Facebook event page here.