- This event has passed.
TAP-SD: Writing Cards to Seniors!
April 6 @ 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Break out your stationary sets and join us for a night of writing. Our cards will be distributed by Serving Seniors (https://servingseniors.org/get-involved/volunteer.html), a non profit with a mission to help seniors in poverty live healthy and fulfilling lives. Many clients at Serving Seniors do not have large networks of family and friends and would benefit from friendly handwritten notes.
Join TAP-SD from 8pm to 8:30pm PST on Tuesday (4/6) for a virtual group card-making/writing event. Take out your colored papers, markers, stickers, etc. (Store-bought cards work too!) Let’s write some cards 🙂 Sign up here: https://forms.gle/jBdWucvw7dsGiaC56!
Goal is a minimum of five cards per person. The more the merrier! We will individually mail the cards to the following address by Friday (4/9). Please annotate in or on the outer envelope that you are with TAP-SD.
Attention: Christina Selder
1525 4 th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Email email@example.com if you have any questions!
- Please be mindful of the diversity among the seniors and select images that would appeal to a broad audience and language that respects the dignity and individuality of older adults. Avoid religion
- Focus on the positive! Avoid words of condolence or sympathy.
- Envelope the letters if you can, but please leave the envelopes unsealed and unstamped. (If you choose to make envelopes, here is a helpful [link](https://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/how-to-make-an-envelope.html).)
- Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten. No worries if you don’t think you are artistic. Make your card as what you would like to receive! Some fun ideas include photos, crosswords, drawings, etc.
- Due to Serving Senior Confidentiality Policy, there is no specific names to address. Leave it general.
- Feel free to sign the card with your first name. Please do not include your full name or other personal identifying information.